Welcome to the random thoughts of my day. I'm trying to lose a few pounds and to win a weight loss challenge with some friends from work. I'm also trying to get back on track with a healthy lifestyle and a healthy work/life balance.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The first day

I like to start everyday by saying "Today is the first day of the rest of my life". Because it is! My team has decided to start a weight loss challenge. We will see who can lose the highest percentage of weight over a 3 month period. The weigh in starts on Monday. A few folks have already started and a few folks are packing it on this week to get ready to start. I'm doing neither. I kinda started a couple of weeks ago by being aware of what I was eating and trying to get back in the habit of walking the dogs. I even got the Wii Fit. But, I haven't lost anything. I also haven't gained. I'm just hanging in there. While I think I've been aware, I haven't really made an effort. This week, the effort starts. I'm cleaning out the refrigerator this weekend. I'm dusting off the treadmill. I'm planning out my week to have a little work life balance. My problem is that I sit in front of the TV with my laptop and remain there for several hours. I need to close the laptop and only watch TV when I'm on the treadmill. I also need to get my rear back to yoga. That alone sweats out lbs.
My goals are not as much about the number of pounds but fitting into my clothes and feeling comfortable. All of my clothes are super tight now and I only have 3 pairs of pants left that actually fit. Not good. Plus, this summer I have a family vacation coming up that involves the beach. We all know what that means.
I am going to try to post thoughts and reflections at least 3 times a week on this site. I will also track my teammates progress and comment. We are going to be successful!
so we begin....

2 comments:

Staci said...

I am your first follower! I am really excited to start this challenge and hope that we can motivate each other to meet our goals. I am also really excited to kick your butt. Cute pic!

BaristaGirl said...

Love the blog. Very encouraging!