Welcome to the random thoughts of my day. I'm trying to lose a few pounds and to win a weight loss challenge with some friends from work. I'm also trying to get back on track with a healthy lifestyle and a healthy work/life balance.

Friday, March 26, 2010

It's hard....

This week was difficult.
I had jury duty Mon- Thurs. I tried very hard to be a good American and do the right thing but it was hard because I had so much to do. It started making me grumpy. But then I would remember that this was someones life that I was making a decision about and I would feel guilty. On top of that I had Frappuccino training and Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Plus new extra responsibilities in the job.
All of this combined did not help my eating. At the courthouse I ate a lot of junk. The cafeteria did not have the best choices.
I have a cold now and feel like crap. At least it's helping me not eat too much. I'm taking a 2 hour break today and turning off all electronics. No laptop, no computer, no phone, no TV, no music. Just 2 hours of reading.

I walked the dogs yesterday for 2 miles. The weather is so gorgeous that I'm going to repeat that walk today. I am committing to using that treadmill again. With this extra stress I need to do something or I will just eat non-stop. Maybe it's time to go back to yoga! The Wii fit is getting kind of dusty also. Too many choices.

1 comment:

Staci said...

2 hours off? You need more time than that. No offense, but you sounded like total crap on Friday. If you think about it, its like you've been working full-time jobs for that past few weeks. You need a break!