Welcome to the random thoughts of my day. I'm trying to lose a few pounds and to win a weight loss challenge with some friends from work. I'm also trying to get back on track with a healthy lifestyle and a healthy work/life balance.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The dream

The last 2 days were not great. I didn't really try. I didn't do anything terrible or eat anything too awful, but I didn't put a real effort into it.
But last night I dreamed that I was all skinny and running this marathon. (some other weird stuff also happened like my dogs were dancing but that's not really the point of this post.) I woke up this morning and thought, I need to get moving. I was thinking back to 3 summers ago when I was running and how good I felt. I was 1-2 sizes smaller and I felt really confident in my clothes. Now I feel like everything is tight. I want to get back to the confident part.
The last a few days have also been tough because I had bad PMS and was torn between punching someone and eating a giant hot fudge sundae. I didn't do either but I need to figure out how to get that under control also. And the rain makes it really difficult to get those dog walks in. When the weather is nice, I come home and walk them right away. Sometimes that gets me motivated to do the treadmill or something else. When the weather is bad, I come home and plop down on the sofa. Ugggghhh.
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

2 comments:

Staci said...

You didn't seem like you were in a bad mood yesterday. You were nice enough to me. But you are totally right about the weather. When the weather is nasty, I don't even feel like going to the gym.

BaristaGirl said...

I can so relate to the punching and eating hot fudge sundaes. I am glad you did neither.