Welcome to the random thoughts of my day. I'm trying to lose a few pounds and to win a weight loss challenge with some friends from work. I'm also trying to get back on track with a healthy lifestyle and a healthy work/life balance.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Vacation

Not a bad week. It is gratitude Friday and I can easily say what I am grateful for today. Vacation!! I start vacation in the morning. I am beat!! It has been almost 8 months since the last vacation and I need it. I still have a ton to do this evening and in the morning. About a dozen e-mails to send, pay bills, pick up the house, pack, do laundry, etc. But, I have 3 hours tonight and till noon tomorrow. Plan to hit the road by 1pm and drive to Napa. Can't wait. We have rented a delightful little cottage and I plan to read, eat and drink all week. I'm taking 5 books. I will probably not make it through all of them but that's okay. I think I'm also taking the Wii so that maybe I'll workout a bit.
The eating this week was pretty good. Not great. But plan to be aware while on vacation. That doesn't mean I'll be dieting but I will be careful.
I'm grateful for my dog sitter Rory. Thanks to her I won't worry about the boys while I'm gone. I'm grateful for a district full of capable managers so that I won't worry while I'm gone.
I'll update from the vineyard!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I'm glad you finally got a vacation. You can come back now.